Monday, May 4, 2009

Its just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right...

The other night I watched a movie that I haven't seen for almost ten years. As you have all guessed by the picture above, yes it was The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Honest to god, this is has to be the best musical I have ever seen. Seriously. Just the whole wacky way it was put together. Not to mention the plot of the story was ahead of its time when it was released back in 1975. The songs namely; Time Warp(The movie's signature song), Sweet Transvestite(Tim Curry's performance in this song was amazing) and Science Fiction/Double Feature, i thought were a great listen, maybe its just me and my love of nostalgia. I was too young to fully appreciate and understand the whole story back then, but now I sort of understand why it is known as a cult classic and why it is culturally, historically and aesthetically significant. So if you have the chance, give it a watch. Remember to be open minded, or else you probably won't understand it. 

Thought of the day: "I'll remove the cause but not the symptom!"
Song of the day: "Sweet Transvestite" - Tim Curry (The Rocky Horror Picture Show)

rochepapierciseaux

No comments:

Post a Comment