Thursday, February 19, 2009

Consternation...

Just a quick one here. Today was a rather interesting one. Some positives and some negatives but overall mostly positives. Firstly, a couple of mates and I went to Taronga Zoo today. Even though it was a zoo, and at times the smell was unholy, good times were had. Pictures to come in a later post. Now, I'm usually a punctual guy, so as planned the previous night, I awoke at around 5:30am, showered and got ready and headed to our rendezvous point, Chris' house at around 6:15am-ish. Only to find that my two mates who planned this excursion didn't come until 7am. Twas not so bad, gave me a chance to grab a quick bite to eat. So we ventured to the city and then to Taronga Zoo. About halfway through the day, my housemate happens to call me. I figured he ran out of cigs and wanted to take some from me, but then came that question; "Where are you?". Now I saw no reason not to be honest so I told him I was in the city with some mates. At that point, which was a big over-reaction from his part, he started to scold & curse me for not inviting him. Well firstly, I was not the person organizing our little excursion. And I for one, thinks it is quite rude to invite someone to join you without consulting with the planner. Its like going clubbing and bring someone along without telling the others involved. And it would be an inconvenience for me as I would end up paying for all of his stuff, food, drink, admission and everything else. At that point it's too late to do anything about it, so we just went along with our day out. Unfortunately, things took a more sour note when we arrived back home. Now a little backstory. Last Friday, a couple of us decided to go clubbing in the city. Again, I was not the one to plan this. But upon receiving our invitation, we were told not to let said housemate know. Firstly, again, he will be an inconvenience because other people would end up paying for his good time. Secondly, he is a mean drunk. All brain function ceases after a few drinks. He will end up doing stupid and irrational things. Back to the story, he somehow found out about our little clubbing excursion and is holding grudges against several of my mates and myself included. Frankly, I'm just going to give him a few days to cool off, since he's pointing needless blame at my mates and I. So yes, I've now come to the end of my rant. Taronga Zoo post should be next, we'll see how things go.

Thought of the day: "Exhausted."
Song of the day: "Talk Like That" - The Presets

rockpaperscissors

No comments:

Post a Comment