Thursday, February 26, 2009

So its been a while...

So its been a while. Not a lot has happened, pretty much the same old everyday stuff, but I have a feeling a lot is going to change in the next few days if all goes accordingly. A well needed change of scenery, not in the literal sense but in a figurative sense. Somethings just need to disappear for you to really and truly gain closure. As the old saying goes; "out of sight, out of mind.", but I'm pretty sure it won't be totally erased from my thoughts. The thing, or more specifically; person, has been a big part of my day to day life for the past few months. And sure, one could say that a few months is not a lot of time at all, but in this sense, those few months felt like a lifetime. Or at least a couple of years if you don't want to sound overly dramatic. Its one of the great tragedies of life, something always changes, for better or worse, they always do. We just need to take the changes in stride and keep living our lives. A friend once asked me, in regarding relationships, what does forever mean? In a literal definition it means "for all future time", but in this case I believe its more appropriate to define 'forever' as "something that can adapt to the changes and challenges that it faces.". Another much overused cliche of a phrase; "every end is a new beginning" seems quite fitting. As much as I'd like to believe my wishful thinking will become a reality in the near future, I've pretty much conceded to the fact that it is out of my hands and that its all up to fate from this point on. If anything happens then so be it, if nothing happens, again, so be it. As for now, I have a job to do and now its time for me to return to the path, out of the foliage of the path not taken. 

Thought of the day: "C'est la vie."
Song of the day: "Delicate" - Damien Rice

rockpaperscissors

No comments:

Post a Comment